Monday, February 20, 2012

Barn Hop 50, at the farm

Barn Hop 50 if you would like to join please go here.

                                    At the farm this week

 Well this weekend brought, the new chicks. They are growing nicely. I did lose 2, not sure why, but to get the rest through is my goal.
 The weather is sunny today, so working on the raised beds some, still slow with one hand but, I can get it done. Would like to plant them over the weekend if I can. I remind myself that we want to grow all our food that we can this year. I was  watching the video from   http://theredeemedgardener.blogspot.com/2012/02/back-to-eden-gardening-gods-way.html  If you haven't visited Clints blog you should, I have learned so much from it. Anyway I am now looking for woodchips, to help my garden and beds.Lord willing I will have all my beds ready to go.
       I got 72 plant pots started with another 72 to go of those, then the big potted plants that stay on the porch. I just pray, I can keep up with it all.
     Three more weeks and the steer will be in the freezer, then the garden veggies, and the fruit from the bushes and trees. What is everyone planting,are you doing anything new, I am, I'm trying a friend of mines 9 week bean, they have been in her family for years dating back past her great granddad, I'm excited !!! She says they are very good so we will see. Hope everyone had a wonderful day.



2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for mentioning! God Bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Amy! I am brand new to homesteading and just don't know where to start. We live in a small town on the outskirts of a biggish city. I already installed solar panel on my roof and have cut my electricity bill by 2/3rds. I have a raised bed for veggies and one for strawberries and a few blueberry bushes. I want to raise chickens but don't have much yard for that. How big of a space do i need for chickens? Can i use a pen that can be wheeled around the yard? Is that ok for the chicks? Your blog is a joy and a Blessing to read and I thank you all you do. Linda

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, I hope you come back often. From my blog to yours God Bless You.