Friday, February 17, 2012

My new chicks..

My Barnevelder chicks have arrived!!!!! all 26   I have been waiting like a mother hen, thought this day would never come. I know some women love flowers and candy, but to get this girls heart you need an edge like this. They were hatched on Feb 15, 2012 all 26 are doing great. I'm really excited about these chicks unlike the barnyard chicks, these will become breeding stock,  for us.  I'm keeping records on cost, egg production, meat and loss of chicks. They will still free range but not like the barn chicks, they will be under more supervision at first.  

These are my new chick wellies..hee hee. I always wore my hubbies but now along with my new chicks I have my own boots. I like these, they are "sloggers". I don't think I will have to worry about hubby wearing them...................................I hope everyone has a wonderful night.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so cute! I can't wait to get some of my own. If you haven't entered my seed give away yet, visit me at: http://theredeemedgardener.blogspot.com. But you can find it.

      Delete
  2. So what do Barnevelder chickens look like? I think I'll look it up. It must really feel like spring at your house now. New babies do that. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Odiie, Howdy ! yes it does feel like spring, for now. The Barnevelders are very pretty, to me. They have a lace pattern. I sure am glad for your visit, I'm headed your way to see you..lol

      Delete

Thank you for your visit, I hope you come back often. From my blog to yours God Bless You.