Friday, March 9, 2012

Fridays

                   Here at Blackberry Brambles, the plans have been made for the new coop, you can check it out on the (cottage coop )tab across the top of my page. After the snow we had this past week I'm not sure if my garlic is ok or not. Guess I will see in a few months, I planted it last fall but it was coming up pretty good. The trees are budding and flowers are up. I did pick up a few more seeds yesterday, lots of flowers to go around my coop, and to put into the flower beds around my yard. 
                    The moles were really bad last year, what do you do to get rid of them? They ate a lot of my bulbs, I will have to replant most of my yard. Wish the chickens ate them like they do bugs,lol.
                     I've been reading "Barnyard in your Backyard", This a is a great book lots of info on the raising of basic barnyard animals. Learning a lot. I'll be sharing some on here, I got it from the library but will be getting one for myself, If you know of a good book let me know, I like ones that have plans, tips on everyday life.
                      Thanks for your visit and have a great day.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, thank you so for coming over and blessing me with a comment! I used to get to go and visit a lot before I had to go outside the home and work (serve).

    I read that using coffee grounds makes the moles leave. Not fun I am sure to have those in your garden.

    Your garlic is fine. Mine is up and growing also. It will be wonderful to harvest this summer! I got some garlic from the kitchen at work that they were throwing out. I am going to try and plant it later today.

    I will be looking up that book at the farm store today! It looks wonderful.

    Well have a sweet day and again thank you so much for your sweetness on my blog......made me smile! Love your beautiful blog.....blessed me with all the pic's!

    Linda from Prairie Flower Farm

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, I hope you come back often. From my blog to yours God Bless You.