Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Home grown Beef

          
        Yesterday we took our freezer beef to the butcher, in 10 days we will have this years meat. Meat we raised from a calf to a 1435 lb steer. We know every drug that was given, none!   We know his health history and feel very good about him feeding the family. He was fed on pasture until we brought him into the feeding pen and barn. Where he was given grain and hay until butcher time. To some this might be hard, but to us it has been a way of life for over 50 yrs.  
                                      
            

4 comments:

  1. Growing up we raised our own cattle. We always looked forward to filling the freezer. I miss the farm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No pink slime for you! Good for you!I wish we could raise our own beef here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We too raise all of our own meat(chicken, pork, beef)! It's a great way of life, and the best thing is that you know exactly what you are eating!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like your website! i have chickens but I am envious of the beef! I wish I had the land to raise my own steer. Maybe some day!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, I hope you come back often. From my blog to yours God Bless You.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...