Saturday, October 20, 2012

To be so simple


This post was a though after I had went to the blog hop http://deborahjeansdandelionhouse.blogspot.com/2012/10/farmgirl-friday-blog-hop-79.html and found a wonderful site  http://littlehomesteadonthehill.blogspot.com/2012/10/pioneer-homes.html The way they were so simple back then, just enough cups for who lived there, maybe 1 or 2 extra, ( me a whole shelf). Simple bowls,( me a bowl for everything). But yet the cooking was full flavored and pleasing to the eye, simple cloth napkins (me, hand me that paper towel) something so small as looking at a few snap shots has opened a site to my soul. To live as simple as this, could I? I'm really not sure. But I am going to try..................I will start with my cups as that seems like what cought my eye first, the last was the simplness of the outhouse, not sure hubby would go for that on a cold morning, but one sure would look good in my side yard next to the chicken house to hold cans of feed and cleaning supplies. Oh, how I love these hops.............to learn and yearn.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for linking to my blog :) I must admit that I'm not so sure I could live the way the Pioneers did either. But I have been planning to go through and clean out some of the clutter since my visit to the pioneer cabins.

    Love your blog...thanks for visiting me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing the blog sites. I did enjoy the photos of the pioneer house. It would be nice to get rid of some "stuff". I really don't need everything that I think I need.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, I hope you come back often. From my blog to yours God Bless You.