Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Always learning

    Only had a few minutes before work to read a few blogs, but boy did I glean. One of the ladies along with http://simplyselfsufficiency.blogspot.com/  brought me the idea of putting celery in with my canned carrots, because as she said most things use them together, Oh how right, plus sometimes my celery gets, well lets just say, it could be bent into a circle, but I don't throw it out I chop it up and put it in a bag in my freezer that says (veggy soup ) nothing goes to waste. One thing over the years while trying to be self sufficient, I learn to throw away nothing..it goes in stock, dehydrated, or frozen until I need it. So the veggy bag works out great. Even when I'm down to just a little bit of the cabbage on the core I trim it off and add it to my bag, might only be a 1/4 cup or so but after a week or so , I open the freezer and out comes the bag, pour it into the chicken pot and dinner here we are.. I also put that little bit of corn left over, or greenbeans , just enough for a bite or two, goes into the freezer bag, it will cook on down and just add more thickness to my pot, so yum yum good. Hope you all have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your visit, I hope you come back often. From my blog to yours God Bless You.