Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Change of Seasons


Our youngest daughter turns 18 this week, yes I am sad....but so proud of how she has become such a warm loving lady. Her coming into adulthood on the 6th brings me coming into (senior) on the 5th. at 55. Now I wasn't to sad about that until I realized that AARP has found me also. Now let me tell ya someone sending me all these things that are to help me, makes me feel older than dirt....I just think that  they should hold off sending anything until I ask them!!!!!!! Like in my 80's or later . AARP just sounds old, now for all the flack I'm going to get for this I'm sorry, I'm sure I will love everything they can do for me, but please give me a minute would you, to adjust to my hubby saying (hey honey you won't forget this one its on the speed limit signs) He loves me so !! My daughter saying hey mom we can get it cheaper just say how old you are, yes she loves me too. So as the day gets closer I am sure it will come and go like a breeze but let me tell ya if my sisters were here I would be doing a Thelma and Louise !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and for my little one turning 18 I hope she handles 55 better than me.........lol

3 comments:

  1. Oh yea..I can so relate. AARP started sending me stuff before I turned 50. I figure if I ignore it, it'll go away. I don't go to Goodwill anymore on senior discount day-don't like them asking if I want the discount. (I'm not 55 yet.) I know it's just a number and I think my frugalness will eventually win out over my vanity. I hope. Enjoy your birthday. Go skydiving or go for a malt. God has work for you and I to do yet.
    Love,
    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rhonda, I don't know why this is getting to me unless it's because Kaydy is our last child at home...maybe the start of empty nest? But thank you for your kind words..

      Delete
  2. I don't know why, or how they found me either. I use those plastic cards they send for pot scrapers. ha.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, I hope you come back often. From my blog to yours God Bless You.