Sunday, September 15, 2013

Creamy Bacon Potato Soup

I made this for the first time last week, but it will now be the way I make it all the time. All the family loved it. There was none left!!!!!! So yes a keeper!!! My oldest daughter is rolling her eyes saying mom and her grease pot.....lol  Everyone have a wonderful day!!



Creamy Bacon Potato Soup

Ingredients

·         6 slices Thin Bacon, Cut Into 1-inch Pieces

·         1 whole Medium Onion, Diced

·         3 whole Carrots, Scrubbed Clean And Diced

·         3 stalks Celery, Diced

·         6 whole med Potatoes, Peeled And Diced (I used russets)

·         8 cups  Chicken Broth

·         3 Tablespoons All-purpose Flour

·         1 cup half and half (you could use milk)

·         1/2 teaspoon Salt, More To Taste

·         Black Pepper To Taste

·         1 cup Grated Cheese Of Your Choice

 

Put your bacon pieces into a soup pot over medium heat and cook bacon until crisp and you got some good grease going. Remove the bacon from the pot and set it aside. Pour off some of the grease, but do not clean the pot. (I leave the grease, that's just the way I cook, you can never have to much bacon grease, I can see my oldest daughters face as I type :) Ok this is not a diet soup people, its called Bacon Potato Soup!!

Return the pot to medium-high heat and add the onions, carrots, and celery. Stir and cook for 2 minutes or so, then add the diced potatoes. Cook for 5 minutes, add your salt, pepper.

Pour in the broth and bring it to a gentle boil. Cook for 10 minutes, or until the potatoes are starting to get tender. Whisk together the flour and the half and half, then pour into the soup and allow the soup to cook for another 5 minutes.

Remove about 6 cups or so of the soup and blend in a blender/food process until completely smooth.(i put it in a bowl and used a hand mixer, worked fine). If you don't want any potato pieces then use about 1/2 or 3/4 of you soup. Pour it back into the soup pot and stir to combine. I then put in most of my bacon pieces because we like it with the bacon flavor added, you can leave it out if you like. Let it heat back up as you taste for seasonings, adding more of what it needs.

Serve in bowls with grated cheese and crisp bacon pieces on top.(if you didn't put them all back in your pot like me :)

3 comments:

  1. Hello sweet friend......just a note to say I have missed coming here! Life has been filled to the brim.....had to say thank you for the recipe.....looks nummy!

    Have a blessed day! Hugs, me

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds really good. Why not fry up twice as much bacon and put half back in, use the other half on top of the soup? Can you have too much bacon?? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh My!!! I should of thought of that....No you can't have to much bacon!!!!

      Delete

Thank you for your visit, I hope you come back often. From my blog to yours God Bless You.