Thursday, October 16, 2014

Love this man

        With every new change in your life it seems you have to give up or pass up something.  Sometimes something you were holding very dear to your heart. I thought my children were my life, but have come to realize that this man standing beside me is, for better or worse we are it. Our children mean everything to us, but like all things you hold dear you have to let them go. Our children have become wonderful adults, and they know we love them and are there for them every minute.
       40 years together is a great accomplishment, and I have learned so much on marriage, the give and the take. It has not always been easy, we both have had our moments of shame, our moments of pain, and our moments of growth. Now to learn to be just me...not easy after giving birth at 15 and having children in our home for 40 years. But I'm ready....now a new story will begin.

3 comments:

  1. Hello Sherry, I think im going to enjoy your blog. Ive only been married 21 years but im 50. I dont think my son will leave home (autism) so i dont think im going to have that empty nest. I think my issue is finding a life for myself whilst being a carer. I think your daughter hit the nail on the head and i wish you all the joy in the world as you discover who you are together.

    Lynda (Melbourne, Aust)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I did start a new quilt lol and it is fun learning each other as a couple again.. thanks for your visit

      Delete
  2. Sherry, thank you for visiting Thistle Cove Farm and am so glad you realize what the Bible teaches..."leave and cleave" when we marry. You've spent most of your life raising children to leave home...with a Godly heritage to face a wicked and decidedly uncertain world but with a certain and righteous God in their hearts. Celebrate these days with your husband because, all too soon, someone will go Home.
    If you've not noticed, there's a link 1Wife to Widow on my blog; it might help you and your husband to prepare.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, I hope you come back often. From my blog to yours God Bless You.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...