Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Getting things done.

The chickens are growing just fine. I have moved them into the chicken coop, where they are safe and warm. When hubby built the coop, he done a great job making sure there was no open holes and the inter door was easy to see through but yet sturdy enough to keep critters out. There is plexiglass on the bottom half of the screen door. and wood along the bottom of the nests. In this pic the trap door is open to get to the eggs.
DSCN2291DSCN2284
The wire you see on the wall in front of one of the older chick swings down and can be locked in place to keep air flowing but the new chicks in and big critters out. The floor is cleaned and I put down about an inch of wood chips for the baby chicks. It doesn’t cover the floor but will dry up any droppings and not ruin the wood floor. I have used this type of bedding for almost 4 years. Works great, change it out 2 times a year. If you throw mealworms in 2 or 3 times a week they will keep it stirred up and dry. You can see it’s not very thick,  but they will bunch it and make a nest. Back to finishing the coop still need to clean the windows………..
DSCN2994DSCN2982
here is just some random pics.
DSCN2992 DSCN2974 DSCN2993

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your visit, I hope you come back often. From my blog to yours God Bless You.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...